Thursday, February 16, 2006

Going to National Religious Broadcasters Convention

On Friday, February 17 I am off again. This time I'm heading to Dallas, Texas for the National Religious Broadcasters Convention. I look forward to this and dread this every year. I enjoy renewing old friendships and meeting new people, but I hate the 'trade show' feel to it.

If you're not familiar with NRB that a time when about 6,000 Christians broadcasters (both television and radio) get together to try and better themselves in broadcasting. There are sessions to help you manage better, to program your station better, to play better music. There are trend sessions -- to find out the latest and greatest broadcasting trend. And, there's the awards night.

But, one of the biggest parts of this is the exhibition hall. That's where the radio and television programers, radio & television stations, radio and television equipment sales, etc get to set up booths and tell everyone how good they are. While I love talking about Mission Network News, I don't like the feel of doing it in an exhibition hall. I feel like I'm a sales person. I guess in a way I am…but it's way out of my comfort zone.

Pictured here are Brian Harcey, the manager of WLJN radio, Rochunga Pudaite the found of Bibles for the World and me. The great thing about NRB is just being able to talk to good friends. We do a lot of laughing at NRB. We also have traditions at NRB. First night there, we get together and eat ice-cream and hot buffalo wings. Why? I couldn't tell you…it's just tradition. We'll do it again this year.

This year, I have two goals. I'd like to get Mission Network News placed on two major networks. I would also like to find someone who could translate Mission Network News into Arabic.

Pray for MNN and the team. Ruth and Faith will be back at the office keeping the broadcast on the air. Chris DeCollibus and I will be in Dallas talking about MNN. We'll be accompanied by six other people who work with our sister ministries here at Cornerstone University.

Greg Yoder, Anchor & Executive Director
Mission Network News

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home