Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?

I thought I would include the letter I sent to everyone on our email list. While I know many people who read this aren't Americans and don't celebrate our American holiday, I'd like you to tell us what you're Thankful for. Here's the letter and then chime in.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends:

Greetings from Mission Network News. I'm sitting at home trying to put some thoughts in an email. The topic is "Thanksgiving." My friends in the United States understand why I'm doing this. Thursday, November 24 is the Thanksgiving Holiday in the U-S. It's a day set aside to thank God for all the many blessing He's given us.

I've been reflecting on that the last couple of weeks and it's hard to believe all the wonderful things God has done for us. First, He has allowed you to be a part of this internet and radio ministry. In the last month we've added more than 1,000 new friends to our email updates. That means we have about 8,500 people receiving this email. That's pretty incredible. Why am I thankful for that? Because this tells me there are hundreds of people around the world who are as interested in missions as I am. It also tells me more and more people want to be involved in some way. That's exactly what's happening. Here are just a few comments.

"It is really heart rending sometimes when I read the reports in your email news...when I think of the liberties we experience here in the US, I realize that unless we partner in prayer with our brothers and sisters experiencing these struggles then we are not really free. May the Lord help us to do our part on this side of the Kingdom."
~ Missouri Listener

"We have three people who are going to Burkina Faso in February because of a report on MNN. I am also meeting this week with the missions director at a church because of a report on MNN."
Christian World Outreach

That's what MNN is all about…encouraging believers to be James 1 Christians, "Be doers of the Word and not hearers only." That's so important. There are some many people who hear what's happening in the world and understand the needs, many others talk about it. But, few do anything about it.

This Thanksgiving I'd like you to reflect on that. I'm sure many of you are doing something about the Great Commission call. But, there are many others who aren't doing anything. If you'd like MNN to continue doing what we're doing, go to http://www.MNNonline.org/support to help us.

In the meantime, THANK YOU for the part you're playing in pointing people to Christ.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Greg Yoder, Anchor/Executive Director

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home